Friday, April 25, 2014

Just Trust The Captain.

Readers.....I am so sorry I haven't posted in like two, or three weeks. Let me explain myself by sharing this blog post. This one is a personal one, a very personal,  long, and HAPPY one....

First off, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am originally from Mesa, AZ. I got married almost 2 1/2 years ago to my dream man, who swept me away and moved us to Tucson.

Gag. Don't get me wrong, Tucson is a pretty place....but really, that's the only positive thing I can say about it. It's been a lonely, boring, last two years living here. I really have made only a few friends, and honestly just have missed my family and friends back at home! My husband is the sweetest man alive, but me being a social butterfly, I need more human interaction than just him. Think I'm being dramatic? Well, let's just say that our current, little home is more than 5 miles away from any type of store, or home. Yeahhh, we live in the middle of nowhere.

Speaking of our "humble abode",that is where my thought for the day begins.

A little over a year ago, I had just about had it living in Tucson, Scott doesn't like it too much either, so why were we even here?! We were both SO ready to get out of there. We both then decided that we were going to come back home. After some job transfers, interviews, applying to ASU, thoughts of renting a house, or apartment, finding the "perfect house" and then it getting taken out from under our feet, we thought everything was working out, except we could NOT for the life of us, find a place to live!

For the last 6 months I had been working at a small company as an office manager/accounting assistant. I had been loving my job, just not where it was located. ....haha. Inside my company, there is an apartment for the onsite-residents to live at, to be a sort-of security for the business. They offer free rent, and free utilities, to the couple that lives onsite. I really hadn't thought anything about it because it was in Tucson, therefore eww, basically. Ironically, the couple who was living there at the time was literally moving out, within the same month that we were planning on moving to Phoenix.

One night, while we were walking out the door to go on a date, literally TWO weeks before our plan to move to Phoenix, I casually said to my husband, 100% jokingly I might add, "Scott, we should take the apartment, I mean it's free rent, and free utilities, it would save us so much money." Well, I didn't get the reaction I was expecting. Scott stopped what he was doing and seriously stared at me for like 5 minutes. After looking at me for 5 minutes, he then said in all seriousness, that he felt with all his heart that that was what we needed to do.

Being a whiny baby, I started crying and repulsing the thought. ...I could NOT stay here, the only thing I want is to get out of this place. This can NOT be happening. I should've just kept my dumb mouth shut. Ugh! My husband convinced me to travel to Phoenix the next day, so that we could go to my religion's place of worship called the temple, and try to feel and search for what we needed to do. Needless to say, as absolutely horrible as this sounds, I was crying the whole way walking into the temple, because I would not accept the thought of living in Tucson for any longer.

Now get this part.

The moment we walked into the temple, Scott and I turned to walk down the hall, and there sitting on a bench was the owner of my company in Tucson and his wife!!! Now, if that's not a sign, then I don't know what is. Scott and I looked at each other, and from that moment on we knew that we were supposed to stay in Tucson.

Don't get me wrong, I hadn't all of a sudden become the most pleasant person after taking this news. For a couple months after, I slumped into a pretty big depression and I was bitter. I did not understand why I had been given this sign to stay somewhere that made me so miserable?! Regardless of the wonderful, money-saving opportunity that presented itself, I didn't care for it and I didn't want it. However, I was obedient to the sign given because I believe it was in fact guidance, and I wasn't going to turn my back on that.

Well, it's been almost a year since that happened.

I can honestly say, we needed that year here.

We have grown  and matured astronomically as a couple, as friends, in marriage. We have grown as people, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, economically, in wisdom, in depending on each other, with trust and love, more than I could hope for. I love my husband. He is the best blessing I have ever been given in life. Marriage is the greatest gift we are given here on Earth. Seriously.

We have both grown accustomed to our life in Tucson for the next few years. Granted, no I was not "happy"  living in Tucson, but I knew we were doing what we needed to be doing. I had no idea what what coming for us.

Then our life changed again.There are so many key points looking back on it, that had brought us to this point, some of them mentioned above.

We had both come to the conclusion that we were staying at least until Scott was done at the university for another 2 years. Little by little, though, a snowball of events, over time turned into a new path for us to take. Things like Scott's degree not being offered at U of A (in Tucson), and only at ASU (in Phoenix), being not allowed to able to have kids at all where we lived (not pregnant, but starting to plan for someday), forgiving those that have hurt us in the past, feeling like we need to be close to family and needing that support, wanting to be in a more family friendly environment, ect. ect.

We casually talked about it from time to time, but then Scott had a sudden health scare a month ago. We needed to figure out a solution, and we needed to change a major part of our life. we decided then and there, that it was time to make a move. We decided it was time to go home, be close to family and support, and take a different path.

And just how much of a sign it was for us to stay last year, there have been signs for us to go home now.




In two weeks time, we secured My Dream Home in Every way, Shape and Form, a job for me, a job for Scott (with a promotion and nice raise), and a spot in Scott's College program. Not only that, but everything is completely in it's perfect spot, we are right where we wanted to live all along and our works and Scott's school is all within 10 minutes. We are also right smack dab in the middle of all our family, which is one of the main reasons we are coming back home.

One of the most ironic parts about it all, is while we were searching for our new home, we stumbled on the old home we had wanted so bad a year ago, (and been thinking about a year since), and it turns out to have been nothing like we would have wanted anyways! Who would've thought?!

Here is the moral of the story.

We never know what is best for us. We all have wants and needs, but we sometimes do not get them....and it's hard. We might be angry, we might be bitter, but we all have a plan. No matter who or what you believe in, no matter who you are, have hope and trust in some thing.

I may have my dreams, and hopes that I want in life, I can make them happen, but I can also have help. I may not know where my life will take me. Sometimes it can be exactly what I've always wanted, and sometimes it can disappoint. We just need to keep going and never give up.

Life is so much better when you put your faith in something.

For me personally, I put my trust in My God because I believe He is there. Although, His plan was different from mine, I know that He was and is looking out for me and my happiness. The funny part is, is that His plan turned out 100x better than mine.

He is my captain, my central force to where I steer my life.

Find your captain, and just trust.





No comments:

Post a Comment